Warm Hearth Quilt Kit - Single Bed Size
All the instructions and materials you need to make an heirloom quality quilt.
This larger version of the Warm Hearth Quilt Kit fits a single bed and the finished dimensions are approximately 170cm x 200cm.
This kit is made to order, please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
100% cotton fabric and wadding.
Quilted with wool ties.
Machine washable at 40 degrees.
WHAT'S IN THIS KIT
Pre-cut fabric pieces for your patchwork quilt
Wool for tying your quilt
A large needle for the wool
Printed instruction book
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Pencil, ruler, scissors, pins, a sewing needle
Iron & ironing board
If you wish to hand sew your quilt you will need a hand sewing needle and a quilters ruler to mark your seam widths.
This kit will take you all the way from start to finish with the following steps:
- Sew the patchwork layer using the pre-cut fabric pieces
- Assemble your quilt sandwich: patchwork top, wadding middle and fabric back
- Sew the three layers together using wool knots in what is known as ‘tying a quilt’
- Bind the edges of the quilt using your backing fabric
- Wash your quilt to felt the wool ties and give it texture
- Love your quilt!